SPEEC is a non-profit organization that is run entirely by volunteers, working together to maintain a vibrant, sex-positive education and event center for the whole community to enjoy. We welcome people from all aspects of our sex-positive community and those wishing to explore to join us in creating and using this space to find and nurture community. We need you and your time and special talents to help SPEEC run smoothly and be sustainable to our members.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Be a member in good standing.
- Complete the volunteer signup.
- We will contact you to discuss positions and timing.
- Complete Member Orientation.
- Contact our volunteer coordinator with questions!
- Get free entrance to events you work
- Receive credit towards higher levels of membership
- Meet other community members
- Learn new skills
- Share your knowledge
- Help SPEEC make Portland an even more sex-positive city!
As SPEEC is in its early stages, the main focus is getting the organization up and running. We have many ways volunteers can help during this phase. People of all types of ability and skill are welcome to apply to be a volunteer for the wide variety of positions available.
- Website maintenance (WordPress)
- Data entry
- Social media
- Community outreach
Future Venue Needs
- Creating the space!
- Building furniture
- Moving items into the space
- Decorating and getting the venue ready for use
- Regular venue cleaning
- Laundry services
- Equipment management
- Party set up and break down
- Dungeon Monitors*
- Working the door at events, checking in members.
* All Dungeon Monitors must have received training and certification as well as have had some experience.